Post here to find the best software professionals in your area, or to promote your services. Join today to stay informed on software, product management, qa or related jobs, gigs, or work.
Searching for a Web Developer for a Ruby on Rails CSR/HR Platform at Visit.org (Remote/Freelance)
Director - Think Freelance
Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious web developer to join our team. Visit.org is a platform that helps companies easily integrate social responsibility into their culture through unique team events powered by local nonprofits. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen. Must be extremely passionate about building things from scratch, including platforms, teams, apps, and features.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact in NYC and around the world. Working directly with management to develop this platform, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s direction and future.
Role and responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to develop an MVP platform.
- Work with senior leadership to develop strategies for product design, functionality, release, and modular development.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications, and architect solutions with high performance.
- Identify and analyze security risks, and adapt policies and procedures to mitigate them.
- Work in a Rapid Application Development lifecycle with high velocity and multiple sprints.
- Manage and maintain test driven development and continuous integration tools.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and work experience in designing and developing complex software applications.
- Highly experienced in popular server technology (Ruby on Rails, Heroku/AWS).
- Experienced in n-tier design, separating presentation layer, business logic layer and data access layer.
- Experienced with front end development with Coffeescript, HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery.
- Proven experience in building websites.
- Experience with pgSQL server is required.
- Experienced with Agile software engineering processes and methodologies.
- Must be a fast learner and self-starter. Be able to come up to speed on new applications and technology in a very short amount of time.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of self-motivation. Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Penchant for creativity and using code to express individual ideas.
Education and experience:
- BS degree in computer science or systems engineering required
- At least 2 years of direct work experience on software development with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- Experience building software for online communities preferred.
- Experience building web application for large-scale customer audience.
Timeline & Commitment:
This is a full-time, 4-5 month freelance project. We offer a generous compensation package ($2000 - $3000)
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Trustwork is hiring two engineers to build the future of work. Message directly if interested.
Engineer Hustler @ Trustwork, Software Development
We're hiring a React engineer and Rails engineer. Here's what to expect:
We are looking for people who care deeply about work. People who know that work is not some mundane experience, but rather a place where people come alive and realize their true potential as part of the human family. We need teammates who share this vision of fundamentally changing the world of work.
These are the kinds of engineers we're looking for:
Looking for UX/Product designer full-time position.
I'm a UX designer with 2 years of industry UX design experience and I am completing my master’s degree at UT in May 2018 with a specialization in UX design. I have applied an array of user-centered design methodologies informed by research data, including user flows, user journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and usability testing. I value a rapid iterative design process and I’m expert in conducting the entire design thinking approach as you can see in my portfolio at https://www.ctfan.info/.
I'm pretty open to the full-time position in anywhere. Please feel free to reach out to me and we can chat more about my qualification, software development, and my working experiences.