Head of Private Equity & Investment Committee Member
InvestRes – Dallas, TX
I lead the real estate private equity group at InvestRes, comprised of best-in-class capital, acquisitions, asset management and investor relations professionals. I also sit on our investment committee.
Prior to my current role, I was General Counsel for InvestRes.
About InvestRes (formerly Avesta):
- $1.6bn in assets; 17,000+ apartments acquired; 400+ professionals; operational bases in TX, FL, AZ and CO.
- Invested over $500mm in equity; generated 21.5% net IRR for investors - top quartile of all private RE funds; portfolio-wide revenue growth of 45% and NOI growth of 222%.
- Strategy focused on driving cash flow, maximizing long-term value, capital preservation and downside protection.
- Vertically-integrated in-house acquisitions; financing; property, construction and asset management teams.
- Twice-named Fortune’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in the U.S.
Multifamily real estate value-add investment strategy, weighing a plurality of factors:
- Premium land in markets with strong population growth, reasonable cost-of-living, and high quality-of-life.
- Diverse economic drivers, e.g. natural resources, international trade, education, government, and tech.
- Opportunity to add value through renovations and operational improvement.
- Sub-markets with supply shortages and/or new development constraints.
- States with favorable business and tax climates, and low pension fund liabilities.