Head of Private Equity & Investment Committee Member
InvestRes – Dallas, TX
Oct 2017 – Present
I lead the real estate private equity group at InvestRes, comprised of best-in-class capital, acquisitions, asset management and investor relations professionals. I also sit on our investment committee.
Prior to my current role, I was General Counsel for InvestRes.
About InvestRes (formerly Avesta):
- $1.6bn in assets; 17,000+ apartments acquired; 400+ professionals; operational bases in TX, FL, AZ and CO.
- Invested over $500mm in equity; generated 21.5% net IRR for investors - top quartile of all private RE funds; portfolio-wide revenue growth of 45% and NOI growth of 222%.
- Strategy focused on driving cash flow, maximizing long-term value, capital preservation and downside protection.
- Vertically-integrated in-house acquisitions; financing; property, construction and asset management teams.
- Twice-named Fortune’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in the U.S.
Multifamily real estate value-add investment strategy, weighing a plurality of factors:
- Premium land in markets with strong population growth, reasonable cost-of-living, and high quality-of-life.
- Diverse economic drivers, e.g. natural resources, international trade, education, government, and tech.
- Opportunity to add value through renovations and operational improvement.
- Sub-markets with supply shortages and/or new development constraints.
- States with favorable business and tax climates, and low pension fund liabilities.
M&A Attorney (REIT Group)
Dentons US LLP – Dallas, TX
Jan 2017 – Oct 2017
Advise publicly traded real estate operating companies in connection with M&A transactions and debt and equity financings. Advise private real estate companies on acquisitions and joint ventures, fund formation and other financing transactions. Draft core transaction documents and execute deals from beginning to end.
The University of Pennsylvania Law School – Philadelphia, PA